Monday, August 1, 2011

Something for my desk!



As much as I love crafting, regrettably I'm not too great at it. But that never stops me from trying my hand at creating things...it's something I really enjoy! I really like the idea of crafting something out of things you may already have around the house, and I especially love crafts that don't require a lot of time.
I had seen several tutorials of this craft online. It looked fairly simple and I had everything I needed nearby so and thought I'd give it a go.


All you need is one of the wire hangers that the laundry sends with the clothes, a pair of pliers, some wool and whole lotta muscle power to bend the wire! hehe


Using a lot of force, and I mean LOTS of it, I twisted the hanger open and bent it into the letter S. I had intended to bend into into a heart but failed. I wish I had a man hanging around to do that for me. Oh well...


After finally cutting the S off, I tied a knot with the wool!


Then I simply wrapped the wool all over, and went over it thrice!


Ta-da! Okay I know it's nothing breathtakingly spectacular, but I really think it's kinda cute!
^_^

Next time, I'm going to ask someone to bend the wire into a heart shape for me. I think a small wire heart covered with pink wool or ribbon might look nice hanging from a door knob!

Thanks for reading.

Love,
SQ

5 comments:

zainab said...

cute<3
when it's comes to crafting am the worst._.
but i love knitting!
http://in-her-bag.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-was-knitting-just-square-piece-then-i.html

Chick Flick Journal said...

Aww thats very creative. I wish I was good at this><

What I Like said...

creative mashallah ;)

Spring Blend said...

masha Allah..nice..

it would be nice if you use another colour or several rainbow colours as well ; )

sadia said...

Zainab:

Thanks! Your knitting was so cute! Such a lovely colour!

CFJ:
Thanksss! Give it a go hehe ^_^

WIL:
Thanks ^_^

SB:
You're SO right! next time inshallah!! :D