Saturday, August 13, 2011

Vanity Fair Goes Back In Time


As a movie lover and a period drama devotee, I'm anxiously anticipating for Madonna's film W.E. to be released this year. The film, Madonna's directorial debut is based on the romance between King Edward VIII & Wallis Simpson which had lead to the King's abdication. Intertwined with their true story, is a modern day, fictional romantic story between a married woman and a Russian security guard.

The Vanity Fair shoot for the magazine's September issue was shot by Tom Munro and features the film's actors James D'arcy and Andrea Risebourough in their leading roles of the Duke & Duchess of Windsor. The beautiful West Wycombe House in Buckinghamshire, England provided the ideal backdrop for the shoot, while the actors looked in character in gorgeous clothing by Oscar nominated costume designer Arianne Phillips who worked with the likes of Dunhill, Cartier and Dior among others to create the stunning wardrobe for the film's cast.

I don't know how good a director Madonna is, but by the looks of these photographs, I have a feeling this film is going to be a complete feast for the eyes. I simply, can't wait!


6 comments:

Alaa Balkhy said...

oooh <3 vintage!!

Chick Flick Journal said...

I love it. Perfect era! The clothing, jewelry, furniture all of it. vanity fair are always creative!

Btw Sadia love you've been tagged by me!:p
http://chickflickjournal.blogspot.com/2011/08/tagged.html

A Hint said...

Oh the 20-30's! Love the fashion, the cocktail hour and art deco design! If you like the period, have a look at "Brideshead Revisited" (2008), beautiful movie. The serie is really good but the movie is better to begin with.

Kisses from Paris

The Cat Hag said...

These photos are crazy gorgeous, I always wished I lived in those times.

The women were always decked out in their finest. :)


xoxo,
Addie
The Cat Hag

sadia said...

Thank you for your comments, I too wish I had lived in those times

@A Hint: Welcome to my blog, and thanks for the suggestion, I'll check it out :)

how to start security guard company said...

Very good photographs provided here .it is giving the real images of such actors and actresses keep the good work going on and thanks for shring.