Friday, June 22, 2012

Tried & Tested: Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel



As much as I love good skin and skin care, I can be such a lazy slob when it actually comes to doing anything about it...and unfortunately my skin suffers because of my bad habits. One thing I find especially tedious is exfoliation.

I had been on the search for a no-fuss, easy and quick means of exfoliation to integrate into my weekly home facials routine and when I discovered the Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel I thought this would be something ideal. I googled the product and upon finding a large number of positive reviews, went ahead and bought it.

It's an enzyme peel so that means you can exfoliate by just applying the product all over your face (avoiding the eyes of course) and neck, forget about it for 15 minutes and then wash it off. Simple! Once on, it doesn't even feel messy so that was a BIG plus point and it smells wonderful. You don't even need much as 3 small squeezes are always enough for my (fairly large) face.

I've been using this peel once a week for around a month  now and I can confidently say it has made quite a difference. My skin had been looking rather dull due to sickness, fatigue and general carelessness and this product helped reduce the dullness and made my skin look clear and healthy again.  It's based on natural fruit enzymes and isn't granular, making it relatively mild. I have combination skin and haven't experienced any breakouts except when I use it too close to my lips. The skin around my mouth is very sensitive so it gets a little irritated if the product gets too close, but nothing too serious to make me stop using the peel.

I really love this product and plan to continue using it even after my first tube gets over.

I bought mine HERE


The packaging

5 comments:

fionkafied said...

I've always wanted to try it! I've been lazy with my skincare routine lately too, I think it's the heat lol

www.fionkafied.com

sadia said...

hehe maybe!
do give it a go and let me know what you think :)

Juliette in Wonderland- said...

great product ;)

fashionresidence.com/ said...

AMAZING blog! I LOVE IT.
Wanna follow each other?

https://www.facebook.com/FashionResidence
xoxo

Maria said...

I'm waiting to go back to the UK and probably get me one of these babies. Sounds like its gonna do good for my skin.

I'm not sure if you do tags but I have nominated you for the Sunshine Award on my blog. Check it out x